I had a work call at 11 am on Friday morning, so we took it easy and didn’t head out until lunchtime. Our first stop was Red Truck on the Runway, a cafe at the Truckee-Tahoe Airport with a great view of the runway.
They specialize in Indian-Mexican-American combos - we got sweet potato samosas, a naan dog, and falafel tacos that were all delicious.
Several planes took off and landed while we ate, including one private plane whose passengers discharged so deliberately out of view of the cafe, we can only assume those were some Very Famous Ankles we saw going from the steps to the waiting SUV.
Afterwards we made the quick drive to Truckee to check out the Truckee River (which also runs through Reno) and the downtown area.
We got ice cream at Little Truckee Creamery near Donner Lake, then found a nice little waterfront park to sit a spell.
There were two cute dogs playing fetch in the water...
And a guy wind-surfing who fell off his board so frequently that it was painful to watch, but damn he was determined! He’s probably out there doing flips and cool tricks today and wondering why no tourists are watching him now.










I got the blog site from Glenda while traveling but then it slipped my mind to check in when we got back home. Looks like you are having a great trip! Has the Habitat project begun?
ReplyDelete(from cousin Patty Kannapel)
Hi Patty! Just saw your comment. Tad & Glenda are starting their second week of Habitat work today. I'm already back in NYC, sadly. I had such a great time with them, but they've still got months of travel ahead this year, so hopefully I can get them to post every now and then! Take care, RI
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete